Korean-American Educational Researchers Association (KAERA)
Best Research Paper Award
Call for Submissions
The KAERA (http://www.k-aera.org/) was established in 2009 with the aim of assisting Korean-American and Korean researchers and students to advance knowledge and practices in education, to encourage scholarly inquiry related to education, and to promote the use of research to improve educational conditions and serve the public good.
The KAERA Best Research Paper Award has been established with support from the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in the United States and the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Korea to recognize an exceptional research paper that addresses critical educational issues facing Koreans or overseas Koreans (including Korean Americans). The Award aims to provide recognition of innovative scholarly work that advances the field of educational research and promotes educational experiences and opportunities as well as the well-being of children and youth of Korean ancestry around the world.
- A paper accepted for publication in any peer-reviewed journal between 2015 and 2017 are eligible.
- All authors of the nominated paper do not have to be a current member of the KAERA.
- Self-nominations are encouraged.
- Nominations should include the following:
- an electronic copy of the nominated paper,
- a nomination form (attached) and
- a brief statement explaining why the paper should be considered for the award. Specifically, describe which critical educational issue the paper is addressing, why this educational issue matters and for whom, how the paper contributes to the understanding of this issue, and what implications this paper offers for improving educational policy and/or practice.
- These materials should be submitted electronically to <email@example.com>.
Announcement and Presentation of Award:
The winning paper(s) will be selected by the KAERA Best Research Paper Award Committee. Awardees are expected to be announced no later than mid-March. The author(s) of the winning paper(s) will be required to present their research paper during the 2018 KAERA Conference on Friday, April 13, 2018. A cash award and the award certificate will be presented at the conference on that Friday evening.
January 20, 2018
KAERA Best Research Paper Award Committee:
Grace Cho, Jeongeun Kim, Soojin Oh Park, Kwang Suk Yoon